Subject: Re: [PATCH][GSOC] Selection of the verbose message is replaced with generated message in install_branch_config()

From: Aleksey Mokhovikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2014 21:37:39 +0700

Eric Sunshine <sunshine <at> sunshineco.com> writes:

> The subject should be concise. Try to keep it at 65-70 characters or
> less. More detailed information can be written following the subject
> (separated from the subject by a blank line).
>
> Write in imperative tone: say "replace X with Y" rather than "X is
> replaced with Y".
>
> Mention the module or function you're touching.
>
> You might say something like this:
>
>     Subject: install_branch_config: replace if-chain with string composition
> Wrap lines to 65-70 characters.
>
> This prose is almost pure email commentary. It doesn't really convey
> useful information to a person reading the patch months or years from
> now. Place commentary below the "---" line under your sign-off.

Thanks a lot for you language and message formatting style advices.

I've make a new patch taking into account the GNU gettext requirements.
I don't know if I should create a new thread for another patch, but

I'd be glad if you will give me some information about new patch:
http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/244357