Subject: how to squash a few commits in the past

From: Gelonida <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 09:33:56 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

I posted already a similiar question about how to squash the all the commit
hostory older than a certain commit into one commit.

This question is slightly different.

I'm having a git repository.

Suddenly I noticed, that git pull became rather slow.

The reason:
One of the team members accidentally commited a very huge file together with
some useful sources.
a few commits later he noticed his error and removed the huge file.

The plan would be:
- create a new git repository without the huge file
- let everybody clone the new repository and continue working.

I thought, that I could squash the commit adding the file, removing the file and
the commits in between into one commit.

How could I do this?

Thanks a lot for your help.