Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/3] silencing warnings with curl 8.14

From: Collin Funk <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2025 14:23:21 -0700

Jeff King <[email-masked]> writes:

> The new version of curl (which hit Debian unstable a few days ago)
> causes a bunch of compiler warnings because we are passing regular ints
> to curl_easy_setopt() instead of longs. Passing longs has always been
> what you're supposed to do, but the new version is better about
> generating warnings with gcc (I think the type-check has been there for
> a long time, but I gather it was broken and recently fixed).
>
> I split this into three patches since the solutions vary slightly (well,
> the last two are the same, but my pontificating on the solution varies).
>
>   [1/3]: curl: fix integer constant typechecks with curl_easy_setopt()
>   [2/3]: curl: fix integer variable typechecks with curl_easy_setopt()
>   [3/3]: curl: fix symbolic constant typechecks with curl_easy_setopt()

I saw some GitHub CI's fail yesterday due to this as well [1], but can't
seem to find the exact error logs at the moment...

Anyways, I came to the same conclusion as your patches. So:

Reviewed-by: Collin Funk <[email-masked]>

Thanks,
Collin

[1] https://github.com/git/git