Subject: Re: Please revert e371046b6473907aa6d62b7862a3afe9d33561e1

From: Andreas Schwab <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2012 19:07:27 +0200

Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> writes:

> The way I read the log message of e371046b64 is that the repository
> resulting from the conversion without this patch will be different
> for repositories that were originally converted by the older
> cvs2git.  So my impression is that it does not matter if the older
> tool died long time ago.  As long as repositories converted by it
> still lives in the field, reverting the patch will start producing
> different (and arguably more correct) results for people who are
> using such a repository that started its life long time ago.

Only if the conversion is restarted from scratch.  Otherwise, any
existing converted commits are preserved due to the incremental nature
of git cvsimport.

Andreas.

-- 
Andreas Schwab, [email-masked]
GPG Key fingerprint = 58CA 54C7 6D53 942B 1756  01D3 44D5 214B 8276 4ED5
"And now for something completely different."