Subject: Re: git-cvsimport with cvsps output in commit msg breaks imports

From: Andreas Schwab <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 20:58:27 +0100

Thomas Adam <[email-masked]> writes:

> More specifically, the commit which I think introduced the problem, and all
> subsequent commits thereafter is here:
>
> https://github.com/ThomasAdam/tmux/commit/f0220a10b01a764e0dc52ea1b2407f58600a30eb
>
> Note that from this commit onwards, the commit *message* has a bunch of
> cvsps output in it.  I can only surmise that this somehow causes problems
> for cvsimport.

The cvsps output is ambigous.  If the commit log includes text that
resembles the patchset format generated by cvsps then git-cvsimport can
easily get confused.

Andreas.

-- 
Andreas Schwab, [email-masked]
GPG Key fingerprint = 58CA 54C7 6D53 942B 1756  01D3 44D5 214B 8276 4ED5
"And now for something completely different."