Subject: Re: SVN -> Git *but* with special changes

From: Andreas Schwab <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2012 11:47:52 +0100

Carlos Martín Nieto <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Sat, Jan 07, 2012 at 09:25:27PM -0800, Abscissa wrote:
>> Well that's strange, it finished "upgrading", but now git is still just
>> reporting 1.7.0.4, which is *exactly* the same version it said before. The
>> git-svn package should already be up-to-date because I just installed it 
>> today. So I don't know what's up with that.
>
> Nothing odd about that. apt-get upgrade means "upgrade my system". If
> you want to get a newer version of package X, you do apt-get install X
> and it will install the latest version of that package.

If apt-get upgrade doesn't get you a newer version then apt-get install
won't help you either.  Both use the same installation source.

Andreas.

-- 
Andreas Schwab, [email-masked]
GPG Key fingerprint = 58CA 54C7 6D53 942B 1756  01D3 44D5 214B 8276 4ED5
"And now for something completely different."