Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/2] Teach 'git grep' about --open-files-in-pager=[<pager>]

From: Francis Moreau <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 21:29:34 +0100

Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> writes:

> Francis Moreau <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Do you have any tricks for this case ?
>
> I use PAGER=cat only inside Emacs, so I don't see how "log" can be a
> problem.

what do you mean by this ? Do you mean that you run git-log outside
emacs ?

> Of course you have to limit the extent of "log" in "M-x compile" mode,
> but that goes without saying.

Yes but in this case (log inside emacs) I was actually wondering if you
were using any tricks to avoid limiting _manually_ the extent of
git-log. With PAGER=less for example, the extent is _automatically_
limited by the pipe, which I found convenient.

-- 
Francis