Subject: Re: Newbie in Git. How to get back from last pull?

From: Andreas Schwab <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 01 Aug 2010 11:32:15 +0200

Miles Bader <[email-masked]> writes:

> Ramkumar Ramachandra <[email-masked]> writes:
>> I don't understand exactly what you want to do, but here are the
>> basics- you can decide what you want to do.
>> 1. Use `git reflog` to see a history of your operations.
>> 2. If you want your working copy to switch to an existing commit, use
>>    `git checkout <SHA1 of commit>`.
>> 3. If you want to irreversibly destroy everything and switch your
>>    working copy to a desired commit, use `git reset --hard <SHA1 of
>>    commit>`. Use with care!
>
> ... and:  0. In "emergency recovery situations", _back up your whole
> source dir (including .git subdir) somewhere else before screwing
> around_!

IMHO the very first step should be to run "git status" and see what it
says.  With that information it would be much easier to recommend
further steps.

Andreas.

-- 
Andreas Schwab, [email-masked]
GPG Key fingerprint = 58CA 54C7 6D53 942B 1756  01D3 44D5 214B 8276 4ED5
"And now for something completely different."