Subject: Re: [PATCH] git-svn: avoid respewing similar error messages for missing paths

From: Seth Falcon <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2007 03:30:37 -0700

Hi Eric,

Eric Wong <[email-masked]> writes:

> We ignore errors if the path we're tracking did not exist for
> a particular revision range, but we still print out warnings
> telling the user about that.
>
> As pointed out by Seth Falcon, this amounts to a lot of warnings
> that could confuse and worry users.  I'm not entirely comfortable
> completely silencing the warnings, but showing one warning per
> path that we track should be reasonable.

Thanks, this is much quieter.

I have the impression that the initial fetch phase is taking longer
than it used to.  This could easily be due to network and server load
related issues, but I wonder if something in the parent following /
path searching is different.  The first git svn fetch seems to do
nothing for a very long time (except emit a few of the warnings) and
then once it starts actually adding commits it goes quite fast.  This
isn't really a problem as the initial fetch is a fairly rare
operation, but I wondered if this made sense based on recent git-svn
changes...

+ seth