Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix formatting in git-config(1)

From: Andreas Schwab <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 01:05:12 +0200

Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> writes:

> Andreas Schwab <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Remove the open block markers from the status.showUntrackedFiles entry
>> as they cause all remaining entries to be indented one level too much.
>
> Hrm...
>
> I looked at http://git-htmldocs.googlecode.com/git/git-config.html
> and am unsure what "one level too much" you are referring to.

I'm using asciidoc 8.4.5.  Probably version dependent.

> Also looking at the output from
>
> $ git config --help
>
> I see (RHS end truncated to avoid line wrapping in MUA):

This is what I see:

       status.showUntrackedFiles
           By default, git-status(1) and git-commit(1) show files which are
           not currently tracked by Git. Directories which contain only
           untracked files, are shown with the directory name only. Showing
           untracked files means that Git needs to lstat() all all the files
           in the whole repository, which might be slow on some systems. So,
           this variable controls how the commands displays the untracked
           files. Possible values are:

           ·    no - Show no untracked files.

           ·    normal - Show untracked files and directories.

           ·    all - Show also individual files in untracked directories.
               If this variable is not specified, it defaults to normal. This
               variable can be overridden with the -u|--untracked-files option
               of git-status(1) and git-commit(1).

           status.submodulesummary
               Defaults to false. If this is set to a non zero number or true
               (identical to -1 or an unlimited number), the submodule summary
               will be enabled and a summary of commits for modified
               submodules will be shown (see --summary-limit option of git-
               submodule(1)).

Andreas.

-- 
Andreas Schwab, [email-masked]
GPG Key fingerprint = 58CA 54C7 6D53 942B 1756  01D3 44D5 214B 8276 4ED5
"And now for something completely different."