Subject: Re: git-svn and rebase causes duplicate log entries in svn

From: Seth Falcon <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 14:55:36 -0800

Hi Joakim,

"Joakim Tjernlund" <[email-masked]> writes:
> Now I want to rebase my svn branch against latest u-boot and commit
> my rebased svn branch to svn.
>
> I use git-svn commit -b svn -q remotes/git-svn..svn to commit my latest
> changes and when I do so I see my local changes once more in the svn
> log:
> Any way to avoid that?

I think you want to use git-svn dcommit, and not commit.  See the
notes in the git-svn man page.  The basic workflow
that I've been using is:

git-svn fetch  
git rebase remotes/git-svn  ## on mybranch
## make commits on mybranch
git-svn dcommit remotes/git-svn..mybranch

This results in each commit that I made on mybranch being sent to svn
as a separate commit.