Subject: Re: "git add" and absolute paths

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 05:08:44 -0800 (PST)

Wincent Colaiuta <[email-masked]> writes:

> I was somewhat surprised the other day to see that you can't pass
> absolute paths to "git add":
>
[cut] 
> 
> I understand that you can't add arbitrary paths outside of your
> worktree, but if the absolute path specifies something _inside_ your
> worktree then it seems that this is either a bug or a "usability
> shortcoming" if you prefer to avoid the term "bug".

If I remember correctly this issue was discussed on git mailing list,
and I guess there were even some patches implementing that, but I
don't know what happened iwth them: freeze persiod, troubles with
Cygwin (MS Windows), or what...

-- 
Jakub Narebski
Poland
ShadeHawk on #git