Subject: Re: Pro Git Book

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 02:34:00 -0700 (PDT)

Scott Chacon <[email-masked]> writes:

> Just a heads up - I've been working on a book on Git being published
> by Apress called "Pro Git", which is being licensed under a CC 3.0
> license and as I've just finished some of the final reviews, I've put
> the entire content of the book online at:
> 
> http://progit.org
> 
> It should be shipping at the end of August, I think, but I just wanted
> to let people know that there is another resource out there to help
> learn Git.  This one was actually technically edited by Shawn, too, so
> hopefully not too many serious errors of mine got through.
> 
> I've added a link to it on http://git-scm.com under the Books section,
> in case you want to point any newbies there.  Hope this helps take
> some teaching load off some of your plates.

Wonderfull news!  Thanks a lot for publishing it under Creative
Commons (CC-BY-NC-SA 3.0) license for all to see (and improve).

I'll send a few comments later (BTW. would you prefer to have it here,
or private?).  

One comment about on-line version: it might be better to have one
chapter and not one (sub)section per HTML page.  There are some
sections that are not enough to even fill one single page.

-- 
Jakub Narebski
Poland
ShadeHawk on #git