Subject: Re: gitweb improvements

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2008 10:22:18 -0700 (PDT)

"Tjernlund" <[email-masked]> writes:

> When I browse a repo using gitweb, I miss two things:
> 1) looking at the history for a file or directory I really want
>    to see the tags there too.

Should be easy to do, but would probably wait (and be indirect result)
of refactoring/unification of log-like views code ('log', 'shortlog',
'history', perhaps also 'rss', 'atom', 'search')

I have added it to my gitweb TODO list...
 
> 2) looking at a merge like:
> http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commit;h=66120005e65eed8a05b14a36ab448bdec42f0d6b
>    is somewhat confusing. It really doesn't tell you which commits that is
>    included in the merge.

I don't understand you there. First, you have "(merge: 0d0f3ef 9778e9a)"
in the navbar, so you can easily go to commit view for parents. Second, 
among commit headers you have two "parent", where SHA-1 of a commit is
hidden link, and there are also 'commit' and 'diff' link for those.

-- 
Jakub Narebski
Poland
ShadeHawk on #git