Subject: Re: Official Git Homepage change? Re: git-scm.com

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 13:24:05 -0700 (PDT)

Petr Baudis <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 11:43:55PM -0700, Scott Chacon wrote:
> > However, I have evangelized Git in person to literally thousands of
> > people, and tens of thousands more online.  GitHub hosts over 10,000
> > public git projects completely for free, and has contributed a ton
> > back to the community, both in code and proselytization efforts.
> 
> I certainly agree that GitHub has done a lot for spreading Git; the
> mention of code is interesting, though. There is Grist and the GitHooks;
> anything else? It's a pity Grist wasn't even announced at the mailing
> list. :-(

And neither project was added to Git Wiki:
  http://git.or.cz/gitwiki/InterfacesFrontendsAndTools

It looks like GitHub-bers are a bit of splinter faction.  Thank you
Scott Chacon for trying to change this...

P.S. What about http://git-scm.org/ ?
-- 
Jakub Narebski
Poland
ShadeHawk on #git