Subject: Re: migrating from svn: How to clean up history?

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 07:12:21 -0800 (PST)

Hartmut Goebel <[email-masked]> writes:

> I'm one of the developers of www.pyinstaller.org, a tool for
> bundling/packagin Python scripts and al required modules into a single
> executable for easy distribution. We are in the process of migrating
> from Subversion to git.
> 
> Our SVN-Repo contains some stuff we do not want or do not need in the
> git repo. How can we clean this up?
> 
> 1) Useless commits e.g. tagging -> I want to remove these
> 2) copy or move mistakes -> I want to "correct" the copy
[...]

> Any hints how to to this clean-up?

You can try "gitsvnparse" command from 'reposurgeon' tool to
automatically correct some conversion mistakes, and use this tool to
do further fixes

  http://www.catb.org/esr/dvcs-migration-guide.html
  http://www.catb.org/~esr/reposurgeon/

HTH
-- 
Jakub Narebski