Subject: Re: [RFC PATCH 0/2] Allow detached forms (--option arg) for git log options.

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 08:10:35 -0700 (PDT)

Pierre Habouzit <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 02:31:09PM -0500, Jonathan Nieder wrote:
> > Hi Matthieu,
> > 
> > Matthieu Moy wrote:
> > 
> > >                    is there any reason why "git log" hasn't been
> > > migrated to parse-option? Or is it only that nobody did it yet?
> > 
> > Please go ahead. :)
> 
> I started it in the past, but never went around to actually do it.
> 
> I started to get rid of most of the bitfields to use explicit or-ed
> fields, but stopped at that, I don't even remember if those patches got
> merged or not.

Why did you feel this change was needed / necessary?  Was it
limitation of parseopt?  Or perhaps it was for portability reasons?
Or was it just the matter of code elegance?

-- 
Jakub Narebski
Poland
ShadeHawk on #git