Subject: Re: [RFC] Git Perl bindings, and OO interface

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 06:50:38 -0800 (PST)

nadim khemir <[email-masked]> writes:
> On Thursday 27 November 2008 02.58.49 Jakub Narebski wrote:
> > ...
> >
> > 7. Git::Refs
> >
> >    It is meant to represent references, mainly branches, and be filled
> >    using git-for-each-ref... and for example used for ref markers.
> >
> > There are probably a few things I have forgot about...
> 
> Thank you for writing the RFC, it's a very good start. I would like to see 
> some strategy for libgit[2] in the RFC. What is your opinion about that?

I do not know enought about libgit2 or even git unofficial internal C
API to talk about it.

I did not plan for Perl interface to be actual Perl bindings, using
libgit2.  Please remember that earlier effort of using XS (Perl <-> C
interface) failed because it relied on GCC support for -fPIC and was
not sufficiently portable... if I remember it correctly.  Calling Git
commands and massaging output would be enough for me.

-- 
Jakub Narebski
Poland
ShadeHawk on #git