Subject: Re: listing changesets on a branch

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 04:46:17 -0700 (PDT)

Tajti Ákos <[email-masked]> writes:

> I'd like to list the changesets between two commit ids, but only
> those, that were committed on a specific branch. I tried to use the
> following command:
> 
> git log --branches=*/master rev1..rev2
> 
> But the result is not what I expected: i see sommits that were made on
> an other branch and were not merged to master. Could you please tell
> me what I am doing wrong?

In Git there isn't such thing like "commits made on a specific branch".
Branches are simply references to DAG, and "on branch" means commits
reachable from branch tip (branch head).

Anyway, try `--ancestry-path` option (in git-log(1) manpage), which
make Git show only those commits that are on line joining rev2 to
rev1.  I guess it is what you really want.

HTH
-- 
Jakub Narębski