Subject: Working on Git on MS Windows (was: Re: Git Logo)

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2009 09:02:02 -0700 (PDT)

Thiago Farina <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi guys,
> 
> I'm new to git, I already downloaded the msysgit. I'm working with git
> a couples weeks now. But I want to start debugging the git source code
> in Windows. How can I do that? Can I do that using Visual Studio, or
> there are other methods to debug git?
> 
> Thanks all, great work!

First, please do not post unrelated message as a followup; this
message should be start of new thread, and have appropriate subject
(like the one above).

Second, do not toppost.  Third, only quote what is necessary.

Git uses GNU make as a build tool, so I am not sure if you can develop
Git with MS Visual Studio.  You should have GNU make installed if you
have chosen appropriate version of msysGit (the one with developer
tools).

-- 
Jakub Narebski
Poland
ShadeHawk on #git