Subject: Re: [RFC] Zit: the git-based single file content tracker

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 03:31:17 -0700 (PDT)

"Giuseppe Bilotta" <[email-masked]> writes:
> On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 1:23 AM, Jean-Luc Herren <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > If you decide against a shared repository, maybe you want to
> > consider to not use ".zit.file/", but ".zit/file/" as the
> > repository?  This would reduce the clutter to a single directory,
> > just like with ".git".  And moving files around wouldn't be that
> > much complicated.
> 
> Right. I'll give that a shot.

By the way RCS which I use for version control of single files use
both approaches: it can store 'file,v' alongside 'file' (just like
your '.zit.file/' or '.file.git/'), but it can also store files on
per-directory basis in 'RCS/' subdirectory (proposed '.zit/file/' or
'.zit/file.git/' solution)

By the way, it would be nice to have VC interface for Emacs for Zit...
-- 
Jakub Narebski
Poland
ShadeHawk on #git