Subject: Re: Mailing lists, was Re: [RFC] Git User's Survey 2008

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 09:47:42 -0700 (PDT)

Jing Xue <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 04:57:07PM -0500, Shawn O. Pearce wrote:
> > Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > >
> > > What question about egit/jgit would you like to have in the survey?
> > 
> > I'm not certain what else I would want to ask that is egit/jgit
> > specific.
> 
> Just a thought - how about a question polling whether people would be
> interested in build tool wrappers around jgit - ant tasks, maven
> plugins, etc.?

True, there are a lot of tools written in Java, which have or could
have support for Git: Ant tasks, Maven plugins, Hudson rules
(continuous integration), JIRA (bug/issue tracker).  Some of them
perhaps could use jgit, although if I understand correctly jgit is not
yet full implementation of Git: it is enough for egit, for local clone
of repository.

I don't have any idea how to formulate such question.  I think however
that "hijacking" Git User's Survey to ask a bunch of jgit/egit
questions would be a good idea.  (By the way I have though about
asking for feature requests for gitweb...)

I wonder if similar tools like mentioned above, but for the Ruby camp,
like Capistrano, Merb, Gitosis, whatever use git directly, or do they
use Ruby interface (and which interface).  I don't think there is
implementation of Git in Ruby... hmmmm....

-- 
Jakub Narebski
Poland
ShadeHawk on #git