Subject: Re: SSL certificate password storage?

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2011 10:51:30 -0700 (PDT)

James B <[email-masked]> writes:

> I'm accessing a Git repository over an HTTPS transport, where client
> certificates are required.  My certificate requires a password to use,
> and Git prompts me for this every time I use it -- it's starting to
> get a little old.  I've got Subversion set up to use Gnome-Keyring for
> credentials, so I only have to unlock that once per session.  Is there
> something similar for Git?  Is it planned?  If not, is there a good
> place to make feature requests?

There is "credential helper" series:
 * infrastructure and simple example implementations,
   like in-memory cache by Jeff King
 * credential helper for MacOS X keychain from Jay Soffian
 * credential helper for KDE (KWallet) from Lukas Sandström
 * simple credential helper for Windows by Erik Faye-Lund

In 'next' there is only sample implemetations (credentia-cache and
credential-store).  Some of the rest you can find in 'pu', others only
on git mailing list.

Currently there are no credentials helper for GNOME.  Perhaps you can
write one?

-- 
Jakub Narębski