Subject: Re: [announce] text-based tree visualizer

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2008 05:45:50 -0800 (PST)

Jan Engelhardt <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Mar 6 2008 12:14, David Brown wrote:
>> On Thu, Mar 06, 2008 at 06:48:19PM +0100, Jan Engelhardt wrote:
>>
>>> Program (perl):
>>> http://dev.computergmbh.de/gitweb.cgi?p=hxtools;a=blob_plain;f=bin/git-forest
>>> Top of file contains option overview.
>>
>> Do you have a git URL instead of just a link to a single version of a
>> single file?  I haven't been able to figure one out.
> 
> No problem; git://dev.computergmbh.de/hxtools .
> 
> Any idea how I can make gitweb display an URL text like it does on
> http://git.kernel.org/?p=git/git.git;a=summary ?

Please read gitweb/README and gitweb/INSTALL.

>>From gitweb/README:

 * GITWEB_BASE_URL
   Git base URLs used for URL to where fetch project from, i.e. full
   URL is "$git_base_url/$project".  Shown on projects summary page.
   Repository URL for project can be also configured per repository; this
   takes precendence over URL composed from base URL and project name.
   Note that you can setup multiple base URLs (for example one for
   git:// protocol access, one for http:// access) from gitweb config
   file.  [No default]

[...]

 * @git_base_url_list
   List of git base URLs used for URL to where fetch project from, shown
   in project summary page.  Full URL is "$git_base_url/$project".
   You can setup multiple base URLs (for example one for  git:// protocol
   access, and one for http:// "dumb" protocol access).  Note that per
   repository configuration in 'cloneurl' file, or as values of gitweb.url
   project config.

[...]

 * cloneurl (or multiple-valued gitweb.url)
   File with repository URL (used for clone and fetch), one per line.
   Displayed in the project summary page. You can use multiple-valued
   gitweb.url repository configuration variable for that, but the file
   takes precendence.

P.S. Will you add short info about your tool to the GitWiki page
     http://git.or.cz/gitwiki/InterfacesFrontendsAndTools
     (somewhere along gitk and tig, in "History Viewers..." section)?
-- 
Jakub Narebski
Poland
ShadeHawk on #git