Subject: Re: git-mailinfo doesn't stop parsing at the end of the header

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 09:46:43 -0800 (PST)

Jeff King <[email-masked]> writes:

> I also think "git commit" would not be the right time for such a
> feature. The problem is not that you have this text in your commit
> message. The problem is that the "format-patch | am" transport is lossy.
> You would do better to have format-patch say "Ah, this is going to
> create a bogus email address" and somehow quote it appropriately.

Doesn't mbox format have some way of escaping "From:" (or is it "From ")?
If I remember correctly it uses ">From " or something for that.
git-format-patch could do this also (perhaps only with --rebasing
option).

P.S. As git-format-patch / git-am have hidden --rebasing option,
perhaps git-mailinfo should have it as well (even if it is called
--strict).

-- 
Jakub Narebski
Poland
ShadeHawk on #git