Subject: Re: [PATCH 00/11] perf improvements past v1.7.10

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 09:09:19 -0700 (PDT)

Thomas Rast <[email-masked]> writes:

> This is what I have collected over a week of playing with the perf
> suite.  There is no rush; I am just sending them out for anyone
> interested.  If you plan on using the perf suite, I would still
> suggest you apply them.
> 
> Aside from the new tests, the main goal is the bisection script.
> [8/11] is fun too.  Try it!  You will have to install GNU R however.
[...]

>   perf/aggregate: optionally include a t-test score

By the way, have you heard about Dumbbench module on CPAN?  It is a
module that attempts to implement reasonably robust benchmarking,
trying to find and discard bad runs (outliers):

  http://search.cpan.org/perldoc?Dumbbench

It might be an easier solution (thanks to wonders of local::lib) than
GNU R statistical package.

[...]
>   perf: implement a test-selection feature
>   perf: add a bisection tool

It looks like those last two (10/11, 11/11) didn't made it to git
mailing list, probably because of anti-spam size limits of email
message on vger.

Do you have a public repository with this branch somewhere?

-- 
Jakub Narebski