Subject: What do you use to send git patches? (was: [ANNOUNCE] Git User's Survey 2008)

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2008 07:10:45 -0700 (PDT)

"Marc-André Lureau" <[email-masked]> writes:

> May I suggest to add a question next year: which email client do you
> use to handle git attachements (if you do) ?
> 
> I cannot find yet a good workflow with either mutt, gmail or evolution
> over imap.
> 
> If somebody could explain how they handle the git send-mail patches
> they recieve, I would be thankful. How do you create .mbox files? What
> is your workflow when you deal with mails?

I almost always use git-format-patch to generate patches (some people
use git-show or git-diff for proof-of-concept patches), and either use
git-send-email (I have sendmail configured to send mails via GMail,
but my computer is single-user machine; you can try sendemail.smpt*
options instead, if you have appropriate Perl modules installed), or
use KMail: Message > Insert file, ensuring that in Options I have Word
wrapping turned off.

In some rare case I used 'stg mail' (also via properly configured
sendmail).

-- 
Jakub Narebski
Poland
ShadeHawk on #git