Subject: Re: Official Git Homepage change? Re: git-scm.com

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 08:21:36 -0700 (PDT)

Rene Herman <[email-masked]> writes:

> On 26-07-08 09:27, Scott Chacon wrote:
> 
> > Perhaps it would be useful to split the mailing list into
> > core/contrib and support lists?  I would be happy to help out
> > answering questions - a lot of them come directly to me anyhow
> > because of the gitcasts site and such.
> 
> A git-user list would be welcomed at least by me. It remains to be
> seen how useful it would be (and stay) as often the user lists for a
> project dwinddle a bit but I've subcribed and unsubscribed to this
> list a number of times now since unless I've a specific question to
> ask, the list is too busy too just sit around on; I end up deleting
> all list mail unread every night anyway, so I just unsubcribe again.
> 
> Maybe a less busy and less implementation focused list could help "me
> and mine" gradually pick up new tips and tricks. Depends ofcourse on
> willingness of some of the more proficient to be involved in that list
> as well...

Well, there _is_ separate Git Users Group at Google Groups
  http://groups.google.com/group/git-users
  nntp://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git.user

-- 
Jakub Narebski
Poland
ShadeHawk on #git