Subject: Re: Print last time and committer a file was touched by for a whole repo

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2010 13:12:21 -0700 (PDT)

Tim Visher <[email-masked]> writes:

> I need to get a listing of the entire contents of my current repo (as
> in, I don't need deleted files or anything like that, just the current
> snapshot) with the time the file was committed and who committed it.
> 
> Thoughts on how to do that?

There does not exist a single git command that would do what you want.
You would need to use 'git log -1 --follow' for each file in current
snapshot ('git ls-tree -r HEAD').  IIRC there is some example how to
do that in GitFaq or GitTips on git wiki (http://git.wiki.kernel.org).

Perhaps in the future 'git blame <directory>' would provide such
output, or its equivalent (tree blame).

By the way, what do you ned this for?  Git versions whole project at
once, not individual files.  Is it some legacy from CVS?

-- 
Jakub Narebski
Poland
ShadeHawk on #git