Subject: Re: First round of UGFWIINI results

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2009 16:56:25 -0800 (PST)

Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]> writes:
> Johannes Schindelin <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > Dear fans of Git,
> > 
> > a while ago I announced the UGFWIINI contest, a glorious battle of ideas
> > how to
> > 
> > 	Use Git For What It Is Not Indended
> > 
> > As most of you probably did not find my blog yet, this may come as a
> > surprise to you, but it will not be the only surprise in this email.
[...]
 
> Another candidate for UGFWIINI contest: Gitorial. Here is explanation

> And similar thing: Homoiconic. Here is explanation

And here is yet another UGFWINII candidate: Flashbake. 
Here is explanation:

  Flashbake is a set of Python scripts that check your hot files for
  changes every 15 minutes, and checks in any changed files to a local
  git repository.  Flashbake records any changes made since the last
  check, annotating them with the current timezone on the
  system-clock, the weather in that timezone as fetched from Google,
  and the last three headlines with your by-line under them in your
  blog's RSS feed (I've been characterizing this as "Where am I,
  what's it like there, and what am I thinking about?"). It also
  records your computer's uptime.

  It is intendend illuminate the creative process in a way that often
  reveals the hidden stories behind the books we care about.

References:
===========
[1] "Flashbake: Free version-control for writers using git"
    by Cory Doctorow describes insporation for Flashbake
    http://www.boingboing.net/2009/02/13/flashbake-free-versi.html
    http://craphound.com/?p=2171
[2] "Cory Doctorow on Lifestreaming Contextual Snapshots Using New
    Tool Flashbake" by Mark Krynsky
    http://lifestreamblog.com/cory-doctorow-on-lifestreaming-contextual-snapshots-using-new-tool-flashbake/
[3] Flashbake announcement on its author blog
    http://thecommandline.net/2009/02/13/flashbake/
[3] Flashbake home page
    http://bitbucketlabs.net/flashbake/

-- 
Jakub Narebski
Poland
ShadeHawk on #git