Subject: Re: Problems building git with custom curl installation

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2008 05:40:35 -0800 (PST)

Ian Hinder <[email-masked]> writes:

> I suggest that the following are bugs:

> 3. The use of the makefile option NO_R_TO_GCC_LINKER is not
> automatically determined - perhaps an autoconf test could be written
> for it?  All the machines I have tried give an error if you try to
> give gcc a -R option, and gcc is being used as the linker.

I try to contribute to configure script, but I simply don't know how
robustly and in standard way to test if linker (gcc) accepts '-R'
option. Additionalyy, I don't have system where this is needed (it
fails), so I don't have a way to test if it works correctly.
 
> 1. Configure: Specifying the curl location leads to output that
> indicates that curl was not correctly located, even though a
> subsequent make finds it successfully and includes it in the build.

I guess that this bug is result of 3.

-- 
Jakub Narebski
Poland
ShadeHawk on #git