Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/8] docs: use `...' instead of `*' for multiplicity

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 02:00:42 -0800 (PST)

Mark Lodato <[email-masked]> writes:

> Finish the work of 0adda93 (Use parentheses and `...' where appropriate)
> to follow the rules set forth in Documentation/CodingGuidelines.
> 
> Signed-off-by: Mark Lodato <[email-masked]>

[...]

> -	"git describe [options] <committish>*",
> +	"git describe [options] <committish>...",

Isn't <sth>... one or more, while <sth>* is zero or more, i.e. shouldn't
<sth>* be replaced by [<sth>...]?

Hmmm... I see that <sth>* was actively wrong if it was to mean zero or
more, so your change doesn't only make documentation more consistent,
but fixes errorneous use of convention.

-- 
Jakub Narebski
Poland
ShadeHawk on #git