Subject: Re: help with git usage

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 03:39:34 -0700 (PDT)

"Richard Quirk" <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 7:37 PM, Daniel Quinlan <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
>> 3) Similarly, I can't use the little context diffs I can see in
>> git-gui -- I need to see side by side comparisons; I've become
>> accustomed to tkdiff.  It seems like git mergetool knows how to do
>> that in some restricted circumstances, but I want to do it outside
>> the context of a merge.
> 
> If you use Vim, I'd recommend the vcscommand plugin - see
> http://code.google.com/p/vcscommand/ - which has fairly recently added
> git support. Once installed :VCSVimDiff shows the diff side by side
> between working copy and HEAD (by default, or whatever revision you
> tell it) like a regular vimdiff between files.

Could you add infomration about this to Git Wiki
  http://git.or.cz/gitwiki/InterfacesFrontendsAndTools
somewhere in "Editors and IDE integration" subsection?

TIA
-- 
Jakub Narebski
GNU Emacs user