Subject: Re: A note from the maintainer

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2008 03:06:50 -0800 (PST)

Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> writes:

> Now a new feature release is out, it's a good time to welcome new
> people to the list.  This message talks about how git.git is managed,
> and how you can work with it.

> There are four branches in git.git repository that track the
> source tree of git: "master", "maint", "next", and "pu".

Actually there are five: you didn't mention "offcuts" branch,
nor wrote what this branch is about (for example how it differs
from "pu").

>  gitk     -- this file is maintained by Paul Mackerras, at:
> 
>              git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/gitk/gitk.git

It is gitk-git/ subdirectory now (why not simply gitk/ ?).

-- 
Jakub Narebski
Poland
ShadeHawk on #git