Subject: Re: Reverting an uncommitted revert

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 03:16:27 -0700 (PDT)

Wincent Colaiuta <[email-masked]> writes:
> El 20/5/2009, a las 5:35, Nicolas Pitre escribió:
> 
> > Having a "trash" reflog would solve this unambiguously.
[...]

> I personally haven't been bitten by a mistaken use of "git reset" and  
> friends for a long time now, but I really like the ideas that have  
> been mentioned so far in this thread. This "trash" or "index" or  
> "reset" reflog would be a huge step forward in "idiot-proofing" Git.

Well, having a kind of 'Attic' for reflogs for deleted branches would
help here in "mistake-proofing" Git (there were even IIRC some
preliminary test implementation), although it is not as necessary
nowadays because of reflog for HEAD, and ability to set longer expiry
time for it (IIRC).

-- 
Jakub Narebski
Poland
ShadeHawk on #git