Subject: Re: git as an sfc member project

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 08:07:13 -0800 (PST)

Jeff King <[email-masked]> writes:

> >    * Names, email addresses, and affiliations of key developers, past and
> >      present.
> 
> Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
> Shawn O. Pearce <[email-masked]>
> Linus Torvalds <[email-masked]>
> Johannes Schindelin <[email-masked]>
> Eric Wong <[email-masked]>
> Jeff King <[email-masked]>
> Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
> Nicolas Pitre <[email-masked]>
> Paul Mackerras <[email-masked]>
> Christian Couder <[email-masked]>
> 
> [This is basically "shortlog -ns | head". I am happy to make it shorter
> or longer if people think it should be. Affiliations?]

I wouldn't say I am "key developer"...

In the "A note from maintainer", which is send periodically to git
mailing list, and which is also available as MaintNotes file in 'todo'
branch in git repository, you have the following description of
developers at the end of this file:

-- >8 -- [git.git$ git show todo:MaintNotes] -- >8 --

I [== Junio C Hamano, Git maintainer] would like to thank everybody
who helped to raise git into the current shape.  Especially I would
like to thank the git list regulars whose help I have relied on and
expect to continue relying on heavily:

 - Linus on general design issues.

 - Linus, Shawn Pearce, Johannes Schindelin, Nicolas Pitre, RenĂŠ
   Scharfe, Jeff King and Johannes Sixt on general implementation
   issues.

 - Shawn and Nicolas Pitre on pack issues.

 - Martin Langhoff and Frank Lichtenheld on cvsserver and cvsimport.

 - Paul Mackerras on gitk.

 - Eric Wong on git-svn.

 - Simon Hausmann on git-p4.

 - Jakub Narebski, Petr Baudis, Luben Tuikov, Giuseppe Bilotta on
   gitweb.

 - J. Bruce Fields on documentation (and countless others for
   proofreading and fixing).

 - Alexandre Julliard on Emacs integration.

 - Charles Bailey for taking good care of git-mergetool (and Theodore
   Ts'o for creating it in the first place).

 - David Aguilar for git-difftool.

 - Johannes Schindelin, Johannes Sixt and others for their effort to
   move things forward on the Windows front.

 - People on non-Linux platforms for keeping their eyes on
   portability; especially, Randal Schwartz, Theodore Ts'o, Jason
   Riedy, Thomas Glanzmann, Brandon Casey, Jeff King, Alex Riesen and
   countless others.

-- >8 -- [end] -- >8 --
-- 
Jakub Narebski
Poland
ShadeHawk on #git