Subject: Re: [PATCH] Two RPM building improvements

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 06:50:36 -0700 (PDT)

Niels Basjes <[email-masked]> writes:

> Two RPM building improvements:

Two _unrelated_ RPM building improvements squashed in one commit.

>   - Building the RPMs can now be done by a non-root user.

It was always possible, you only have to configure rpm / rpmbuild,
namely put path to where you want your RPM_BUILDING directory in
~/.rpmmacros as %_topdir, for example:

  $ cat ~/.rpmmacros
  %_topdir        /home/local/builddir

Please RTFM first, before going to solve non-problem in (ugh) fairly
complicated way.

>   - The additional target all-rpms now builds the RPMs for a multitude of target platforms.

Please wrap commit messages at 72-76 columns, at most at 80 columns.
No such overly long lines, please.

But the all-rpms target looks like a good idea

-- 
Jakub Narebski
Poland
ShadeHawk on #git