Subject: Re: Most elegant way to reference to SVN from GIT?

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2011 11:47:07 -0700 (PDT)

Manuel Reimer <[email-masked]> writes:
> Jeff King wrote:

> > You can pull their commits into git using git-svn, and then merge them.

Nb. there is also so called "remote helper" approach, where you can
use repositories using other SCM just like native remote Git
repositories.  But I think it is in early beta, or even alpha stages -
- adding support for Subversion was this year Google Summer of Code
2011 project.
 
> Tried that, but maybe I did something wrong.
> 
> If I have a git-svn repo inside my git repo, then for some reason my
> own repo doesn't known the git-svn repo. Means that I cannot push
> changes, that occured in the SVN repo, to my GIT server.

Errr... isn't it more or less expected for _any_ remote repository
added, be it native (git) or Subversion one?

Remote tracking branches are not usually pushed / fetched, unless you
clone in a mirror mode, or set refspecs for fecthing / pushing by
hand...

-- 
Jakub Narębski