Subject: Re: Git-Mediawiki : cloning a set of pages

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2011 10:14:22 -0700 (PDT)

Claire Fousse <[email-masked]> writes:

> The problem is not the feature in itself but the way you call it.
> Just so you remember, here is the command  to clone the mediawiki :
> git clone mediawiki::http://yourwiki.com
> 
> As it is now, git clone does not implement a way to define a set of pages.
[...]

Well, what you need to do is to implement API for partial _clone_ (we
have some SPI for partial checkout, but that is slightly different
beast).

Currently we have --depth=<n> to limit depth of history when cloning,
and "git remote add -t <branch>" (repeated if necessary) to consider
only a subset of branches, though unfortunately not in "git clone"
yet.

Not what you wanted to hear, I guess... :-(
-- 
Jakub Narebski
Poland
ShadeHawk on #git