Subject: Re: What's cooking in git.git (Nov 2009, #05; Sun, 22)

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 02:53:48 -0800 (PST)

Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> writes:

> * jn/gitweb-blame (2009-11-19) 6 commits.
>  - gitweb.js: fix null object exception in initials calculation
>  - gitweb: Minify gitweb.js if JSMIN is defined
>  - gitweb: Create links leading to 'blame_incremental' using JavaScript
>   (merged to 'next' on 2009-10-11 at 73c4a83)
>  + gitweb: Colorize 'blame_incremental' view during processing
>  + gitweb: Incremental blame (using JavaScript)
>  + gitweb: Add optional "time to generate page" info in footer
> 
> Ajax-y blame, with a few recent fixes.

Unfortunately current version does not work with IE8 (reported by
Stephen Boyd); it stops at the very beginning of JavaScript blaming
with the two JavaScript errors:

- "firstChild is null or not an object", caused by the fact that
  '<a href=""> </a>' element doesn't have firstChild which is text
  node with space as contents in DOM.  This can be easily worked
  around.

- "Unspecified error" (twice (sic!) for the same line), which
  I have currently no idea how to fix; it points to the following
  line:

       if (xhr.readyState === 3 && xhr.status !== 200) {

> * pb/gitweb-no-project-list (2009-11-06) 3 commits.
>  . gitweb: Polish the content tags support
>  . gitweb: Support for no project list on gitweb front page
>  . gitweb: Refactor project list routines
> 
> I picked these up but didn't queue as Warthog9's comments made certain
> amount of sense to me.

I'd like to see at least refactoring project list subroutine:
currently printing list of projects is entangled with filtering
said list; IMHO filtering list of projects should be done upfront.

-- 
Jakub Narebski
Poland
ShadeHawk on #git