Subject: Re: [PATCH] Documentation/git-stash.txt: Adjust SYNOPSIS command syntax

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2008 02:23:19 -0800 (PST)

Jari Aalto <[email-masked]> writes:

I think it would beb better if you split this patch in two,
as it deals with two separate issues, and in one case it doesn't
deal with the issue fully

> Change (list|...) to {list|...} to denote required commands.

This is one thing, and I think when you are resubmitting this patch
for discussion (with Cc: to the authors that introduced the (-a|-b)
syntax) you should change (list|...) to {list|...} *everywhere* in the
git manpages.

> Adjust
> the 'save' command syntax to better reflect the call parameters:
> [save] [message...] => [save [message...]].

This is just simple bugfix in git-stash synopsis, and I think this
patch would be accepted (especially now that it is after 1.5.4
released, and after feature freeze) without doubt.

-- 
Jakub Narebski
Poland
ShadeHawk on #git