Subject: Re: git push default behaviour?

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2012 06:42:12 -0800 (PST)

[I'm sorry if you received duplicate]

Nb. instead of using `--force` to force push of all relevant branches,
you can always force push of single branch with `+branch`...

Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> writes:
> Matthieu Moy <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > And regardless of the danger, if I look around me, I see almost only
> > people working with shared archives, and a few projects (including Git,
> > obviously) using the "one commiter per repository" workflow (I teach Git
> 
> These days, you do not have to even go to kernel.org to find people
> and projects that use "publish to be pulled" model.  I hear that
> there is a popular site called GitHub where people create their own
> fork, publish their work there and ask the project they forked from
> to pull their work.
> 
> By the way, don't we ask the workflow used by the users in the
> annual user survey?

There is "23) How do you publish/propagate your changes?"[1] but it
doesn't tell if responder was using shared repository approach, or one
fork per person approach.

This would be a good question to ask in this year, I think...
 
[1]: https://www.survs.com/results/Q5CA9SKQ/P7DE07F0PL

-- 
Jakub Narebski