Subject: Re: git subtree: an alternative to git submodule

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 09:13:41 -0700 (PDT)

Avery Pennarun <[email-masked]> writes:
> On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 6:39 PM, Avery Pennarun <[email-masked]> wrote:
> >
> > I first sent out this patch set a couple of weeks ago
> > (http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/117612) and got a
> > couple of positive comments, but no negative ones, so I'm guessing people
> > haven't reviewed it as closely as I would have hoped :)
[...]

> Just checking in again.  Since I originally announced git-subtree, it
> (or rather the concept) has received a bit of positive feedback out in
> the wild.  My original blog post about it:
> http://alumnit.ca/~apenwarr/log/?m=200904#30

[...]
> Meanwhile, I've been keeping it in a separate git repo here:
> http://github.com/apenwarr/git-subtree/commits/master (that's a web
> link, not a git link).

I have added information about git-subtree to git wiki on
http://git.or.cz/gitwiki/InterfacesFrontendsAndTools (which page I
imagined to be clearinghouse / list of relevant git related tools).
Please correct any mistakes, and perhaps expand information there.

You might want to add SubtreeMerge page to git wiki, and link it
from subproject pages (SubmoduleSupport, GitSubmoduleTutorial)
and perhaps also from GitDocumentation. But it is not necessary.

-- 
Jakub Narebski
Poland
ShadeHawk on #git