Subject: Re: New Feature wanted: Is it possible to let git clone continue last break point?

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 02:14:01 -0700 (PDT)

netroby <[email-masked]> writes:

> Is it possible to let git clone continue last break point.
> when we git clone very large project from the web,  we may face some
> interupt, then we must clone it from zero .
> 
> it is bad feeling for low  connection  speed users.
> 
> please help us out.
> 
> we need git clone continue last break point

Resuming "git clone" is not currently possible in Git, and it would be
difficult to add such feature to Git; there were several attempts and
neither succeeded.

What you can do is generate a starter bundle out of your repository
(using "git bundle"), and serve this file via HTTP / FTP / BitTorrent,
i.e. some resumable transport.  Then you "git clone <bundle file>",
fix up configuration, and fetch the rest since bundle creation.

Though this is possible only if it is your project... or can ask
project administrator to provide bundle.

-- 
Jakub Narębski