Subject: Re: What's cooking in git.git (Feb 2009, #04; Sun, 15)

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 03:12:17 -0800 (PST)

Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> writes:

> * sc/gitweb-category (Fri Dec 12 00:45:12 2008 +0100) 3 commits
>  - gitweb: Optional grouping of projects by category
>  - gitweb: Split git_project_list_body in two functions
>  - gitweb: Modularized git_get_project_description to be more generic
> 
> Design discussion between Jakub and Sebastien seems to have stalled.

I have changed signature of new git_get_file_or_project_config in
first patch in series from $variable_name, $repo_path to reverse
order, i.e. $repo_path, $variable_name to make it easier to extend it
further in the future if needed (for example have config variable name
be different from name of file in $GIT_DIR).  BTW. commit message
should mention what for this refactoring is preparing.

But I am bit stalled at second patch in the series, which extract
_printing_ the rows in separate function... while it should IMHO also
refactor _filtering_ projects list, and not have "filtering as we
print" current code uses... which would be night incompatibile with
dividing projects list into pages.

I think this patch series is definitely for after 1.6.2
-- 
Jakub Narebski
Poland
ShadeHawk on #git