Subject: Manpage rendering faults

From: Fredrik Tolf <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 20:47:37 +0200

I often read manpages using a `man -t whatever | ggv -' command, since
I like how it is rendered in PostScript. However, it turns out that
some things in the Git manpages don't really render very well using
that method. For example, in the git-rebase manpage, there are two
history graphs that look like this when reading the manpages normally
in a terminal:

      A---B---C topic
     /
D---E---F---G master

and then

              A'--B'--C' topic
             /
D---E---F---G master

However, in the PostScript rendering, they look rather like this:

  A---B---C topic
 /
D---E---F---G master

and then

      A'--B'--C' topic
     /
D---E---F---G master

It took me quite a while to figure out that the rendering was
wrong. Before that, I just couldn't figure out why git-rebase would do
that. :)

Unfortunately, I can't say that I have a fix available -- particularly
as I don't really know anything at all about asciidoc. I thought I'd
at least let you know, though.

Fredrik Tolf