Subject: Re: Google Summer of Code 2009

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 11:33:04 -0800 (PST)

"Shawn O. Pearce" <[email-masked]> writes:

> The application answers really need to be reworked; we need to
> address our 2008 results in these parts.

By the way, do you know what happened with git-sequencer project? 

If I remember correctly there was agreement on sequences mini-language
(I think), and there was git-sequencer prototype in shell, using
git-cherry-pick if I remember correctly, and even git-rebase and
git-am etc reworked to make use of git-sequencer.  Stephan Beyer wrote
that he has some preliminary version of builtin git-sequencer (in C),
and that it makes git-rebase--interactive and like faster than current
implementation... but builtin sequencer never materialized on git
mailing list as a patch, if I remember correctly, and of course it was
not merged into git either.
 
> The ideas box is once again open for suggestions.  Please start
> proposing student projects, and possible mentors.

Hmm... take a look what features competition has (Darcs, Bazaar-NG,
Subversion, Mercurial, Monotone)...

> 
> 
> Since the program is smaller, there is a chance we won't be accepted
> this year due to space constraints.  But I think its still worthwhile
> to prepare everything and hope for the best.  And before you can
> ask, no, my employee status with OSPO doesn't improve our odds
> for acceptance.  :-)

Perhaps at least _one_ project.  I think that resumable clone /
resumable fetch would be a good thing to have...

-- 
Jakub Narebski
Poland
ShadeHawk on #git