Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: "Integrated Web Client for git" GSoC proposal

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 05:53:09 -0700 (PDT)

Pavan Kumar Sunkara <[email-masked]> writes:

> We need to keep gitweb dependancies as less as possible. So, using
> frameworks will be a bad idea, as everybody might don't want to use
> them.

Well, hopefully in the future PSGI / Plack would be as widely
available as CGI.pm is currently...

> 
> Coming to splitting of gitweb, as Jakub said installing a split web
> script would be a problem, but we can have a solution the problem by
> using proper algorithms. First, we parse the URL and get to know which
> function to be implemented and then we include the necessary file and
> call the function which will then execute and return the proper HTML
> output.
> 
> This way, we can no longer worry about installing the split webscript.
> All we need is to install the basic gitweb.pl file which does all this
> basic parsing and calling other perl files. The other files just
> needed to be in the path.

Not a solution, I think.  If you could munge PATH for web server
[user], you could munge PERL5LIB and use locally (local::lib)
installed packages.

-- 
Jakub Narebski
Poland
ShadeHawk on #git