Subject: Re: gitweb and symbolic links

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 08:03:09 -0700 (PDT)

Marco Gualtieri <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hello,
> 
> I am wondering about a possibly easy bug which you may be aware of.
> 
> For some reason if I place a symbolic link in a directory under the
> project root,  gitweb is no longer able to find the project.  I was
> looking through the .cgi file but I don't know enough perl to fix the
> problem myself.
> 
> Let me know if this makes sense.

WORKSFORME.  I have gitweb setup so some of repositories are in
$projectroot directory via symlink, either to repository itself, or
with symlinked earlier part of path, and it works correctly and shows
all those repositories.

I suspect that your web server is configured to not follow symbolic
links, or your user account used by web server is not allowed (doesn't
have permissions) to follow symbolic links.

P.S. You should look into source file gitweb/gitweb.perl, not
installed script gitweb.cgi

-- 
Jakub Narebski

Git User's Survey 2009: http://tinyurl.com/GitSurvey2009