Subject: Re: tip tree clone fail

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2008 10:37:22 -0700 (PDT)

Ingo Molnar <[email-masked]> writes:

> Soapbox: in fact it would be outright stupid to limit the kernel 
> source's availability artificially by not making HTTP a tier-one access 
> method.
> 
> Fighting against HTTP-only firewalls is like constantly pointing it out 
> to the popular press that they should say 'cracker' instead of 'hacker'. 
> It is pointless and only hurts the availability our own project.

Hopefully there should soon be here "smart" HTTP server (as for
example CGI script), which encapsulates git protocol, modified for the
fact that HTTP is stateless protocol, in HTTP.  It would unfortunately
require git installed on server.

It is WIP, but I'm not sure how far it is from completion.
-- 
Jakub Narebski
Poland
ShadeHawk on #git